||guide to curriculum vitae preparation * write a CV * how to write a professional resumé *|
How to Write a Good CV
MATTHEW JAMES WATSON
25 Blenheim Terrace,
Tel: 0113 234 567
BA (Hons) Geography
Expected result: 2:1
- A Levels: Maths A, Geography A, Economics B
- AS Level: French A
- GCSE: 7 Grade A, 2 Grade B
As Captain of my university football team I motivate my squad and organise fixtures. I am responsible for the general conduct of my players.
In my role as Treasurer of the X University Industrial Society, I was in charge of a budget in excess of £5,000. The management of this required careful prioritising of the many demands on the budget. I initiated a scheme to attract company sponsorship for the society, and succeeded in increasing the society's annual sponsorship income by over 100%.
I have developed my communication skills during my course giving class presentations.
I worked effectively as a member of a 12 person accounting team during my work experience at Point Accountants. The successful completion of the projects required flexibility and co-operation amongst the team members.
|1996 Point Accountants
||Summer vacation placement.
Successfully completed four accounting projects. I analysed the performance of businesses and presented the findings. Some changes were implemented as a direct result of this analysis.
|1994 J H Laker
||I worked effectively as a member of a close team in this family clothing store and was involved in all aspects of the running of the business, and gained many insights into working practices. I organised a promotion which increased sales by 15% during that period.
- Basic programming skills and extensive use of Word and WordPerfect
- Full clean driving licence
- Member of university football, cricket and tennis teams
- Travel- solo 8 month world trip 1993-94
References available on request
- In this CV personal details are kept to an absolute minimum.
- Again educational details are given prominence.
- The skills profile section highlights particular and relevant skills gained through university, extra curricular and work experience activities.
- Work experience is described in "action terms"- what Matthew contributed, learned and achieved.
- The additional information given demonstrates marketable IT skills, and also shows Matthew to be both a "team and an individual player".
Back to Creating the Perfect CV
Looking for a Language Job? Visit our International Language Job Centre
Europa Pages: Language and Travel Home